Senior Back-End Software Engineer
Our growing financial technology client is looking for a talented Senior Back-End Software Engineer to join their small NY based team in a permanent role.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be given a unique level of responsibility and autonomy to get things done and deliver tangible results. You’ll be directly responsible for delivering a large project and will need to coordinate resources across several teams to accomplish your goals.
- Own the entire development lifecycle including writing of specification with the product team, architecture, work estimation, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintaining enterprise grade software.
- Uphold high quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring.
- With a Product Manager, completely run a small team as a smaller ecosystem to the company.
- Directly manage and mentor 1-3 Software Engineers.
- Help us hire other great engineers for the team.
Critical Skills / Abilities
- 5+ years of software engineering experience; ideally on a small team.
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to both self-organize and organize a small team.
- Able to architect complete software systems leveraging existing and novel technology.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment within known contexts.
- Have led multiple large-scale project from inception to completion.
Additional skills that we would love to see but are not required:
- Kubernetes or a similar orchestration tool.
- AWS or a similar public cloud.
- Infrastructure-as-code tools, such as Terraform
- Monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, PagerDuty.
- Continuous Delivery using a build tool such as Bamboo.
- Management experience and/or willingness to manage individuals.
- Personal interest in capital markets, finance and investing (even if you’ve never traded stock).