Senior Front-End Engineer – NYC
Our growing financial technology client is looking for a talented Senior Front-End Engineer to join their small New York based team in a permanent role.
Their focus is towards UI / UX based on an Angular framework. Someone who has built customer facing Front-Ends before, or that they know how to go about it from start to finish and help lead the development. An interest in finance or an understanding of this area will be needed.
What You’ll Do
Our client is a small firm, so they need their engineers to take ownership of their projects. You’ll do more than merely “code to a wireframe.” From the start, you’ll be helping bring products from concept to production while solving distinct design, UI and UX challenges.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Learn about our backend stack, coded in Scala, MySQL and AWS technologies.
- Collaborate across the entire organization, including backend engineers, data operations team, client services and product managers.
- Develop expertise in a broad array of financial topics.
Critical Skills / Abilities
- Web frameworks such as Angular or React
- Web application layout and design using a CSS preprocessor (Sass, Stylus), and a templating language (Pug, Mustache)
- Continuous Delivery, including integration testing with tools such as Cypress or Selenium
Additional skills that we would love to see but are not required:
- Familiarity Node.js and/or Puppeteer
- Personal interest in capital markets, finance and investing (even if you’ve never traded stock).
- Scala, MySQL and AWS technologies, Kubernetes